Home Trust is one of Canada’s leading trust companies, proudly celebrating our 25th year anniversary in 2012. We offer Canadians a wide range of financial products, including residential mortgages, commercial mortgages, deposits, retail credit and Visa cards. We focus primarily on a unique segment of the Canadian marketplace, including consumers who do not have traditional credit backgrounds and whose specific needs are not met by larger financial institutions.
Our continued growth and success is because of our loyal and committed employee base across the organization. We firmly believe in an entrepreneurial and advancement-oriented environment where employees are empowered to make decisions and to work together in a team environment to achieve business success. Growing from a 3-member staff in 1977 to a 650-member operation today, we anticipate continued and steady growth in the upcoming years.
For further company information please visit our website at www.hometrust.ca
Location: Located in the heart of the Toronto’s financial district at King St and University Avenue, we are accessible through public transportation (just steps away from St. Andrews subway station and only minutes from Union Station)
This role will perform routine duties independently while functioning in a team environment. Must be able to plan workload efficiently and demonstrate a sense of urgency and ability to negotiate effectively. Will meet individual goals as assigned where failure to meet goals could have a negative impact on volume of generated business.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage, compile and organize mortgage application information for mortgage loans in accordance with policy to create and complete package for credit evaluation
- Interview all clients as per policy
- Complies with company standards with respect to files that need to be managed to ensure targets set forth are met
- Instructs files to solicitor sand follow-up to ensure timely closings
- Conduct regular follow-up with brokers with respect to outstanding documentation required to adjudicate files
- Evaluate and analyse documentation supplied by client and broker to ensure Anti-Money Laundering and Know-Your-Client legislation have been complied with and meets Home Trust Company’s guidelines and policies
- Ensure all transactions adhere to Home Policy, Standards and Guidelines
- Ensure mortgage statuses are communicated to Mortgage Underwriters and Team Lead
- Order site inspections
- Respond to client, broker and solicitor queries in a timely, professional and courteous manner
- Collaborates with Team to ensure delivery of targets in accordance to company standards