Home Trust is one of Canada’s leading trust companies, proudly celebrating our 25th year anniversary in 2012. We offer Canadians a wide range of financial products, including residential mortgages, commercial mortgages, deposits, retail credit and Visa cards. We focus primarily on a unique segment of the Canadian marketplace, including consumers who do not have traditional credit backgrounds and whose specific needs are not met by larger financial institutions.
Our continued growth and success is because of our loyal and committed employee base across the organization. We firmly believe in an entrepreneurial and advancement-oriented environment where employees are empowered to make decisions and to work together in a team environment to achieve business success. Growing from a 3-member staff in 1977 to a 650-member operation today, we anticipate continued and steady growth in the upcoming years.
For further company information please visit our website at www.hometrust.ca
Location: Located in the heart of the Toronto’s financial district at King St and University Avenue, we are accessible through public transportation (just steps away from St. Andrews subway station and only minutes from Union Station)
This role is responsible for leading the Company’s information architecture practice, developing the information architecture strategy and roadmap, and establishing sustainable information architecture processes and artefacts.
Partnering with the IT group, this role will facilitate the development and evolution of information architecture ensuring that business-owned information assets can be effectively managed throughout the entire lifecycle across all data types, from inception to disposition, in accordance with business and regulatory needs, as well as in positioning the organization to successfully meet strategic goals. Information integrity, efficient information delivery and sound information governance are key focus areas for driving increased business value and risk mitigation.
Included in this mandate is the development and administration of an Enterprise Information Architecture strategy that will support solution development, information management and information governance across the entire life-cycle from creation to deletion. Appropriate metrics and reporting will be maintained to ensure visibility and tracking of progress and value.
The role will lead strategic, cross-disciplinary business change efforts in meeting these objectives. The role requires development of business relationships with senior executive and various business stakeholders and at times may require conflict resolution techniques to design win/win solutions. The role requires working with and safeguarding highly confidential and sensitive information.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the resolution of data quality and data integration issues.
- Maintain overall integrity and accuracy of the Data Architecture.
- Review solution data models and designs to ensure conformance with data architecture standards.
- Actively participate in the Architecture review and exception process.
Provide information architecture expertise for master data management (MDM), enterprise content management (ECM), information integration, business analytics, reporting and data warehouse designs.
- Develop, maintain, and publish Enterprise-level Data Architecture strategies, policies, standards and guidelines, and naming conventions.
- Contribute and socialize the Information Management and Data Governance programs.
- Maintain awareness of emerging information management trends and technologies
- Identify reuse opportunities for sharing existing models and implementations.
- Manage Data Architecture, including defining Subject Area boundaries.
- Publish enterprise information model and domain data models and corresponding roadmaps
- Manage synchronization of data models and production databases.
- Assist the business with business case development and prioritization for information management and delivery investments.
- Work in close cooperation with technical and solution architects in defining and driving forward a comprehensive enterprise information strategy.
- Provide enterprise context and directional guidance to Solution Architects relating to data architecture standards and principles.
- Raise awareness of information management best practices
- Assist with root cause analysis and the development of near-term and longer-term solutions
- Provide knowledge and skill transfer across the teams
- Provide information architecture and management consulting services as required